Saturday, February 27, 2010

Herb Crusted Cod with a Mustard-Dill Yogurt Sauce

Yet another food I have recently grown accustomed to is fish. I've found that I really like the milder fishes such as cod and halibut and actually find myself looking for recipes featuring fish. This one is adapted from another one of my favorite books, The Swedish Table, by Helene Henderson. This book really strikes chord with my Swedish heritage and  appetite.
Ingredients
2 – 5oz. cod fillets, frozen
¼ cup panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon dill
½ tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
Pinch of powdered mustard
Dash of paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Combine everything (except for cod) in a small bowl. Lightly grease a foil-covered baking sheet (I highly recommend a good olive oil spray). Place the cod on the baking sheet. Press the crust mixture onto the tops of the fish fillets. Give a little spray to the tops, if you wish.

Bake for 30-40 minutes, from frozen (20-30 minutes from fresh). If the crust is browning too much, turn down the temperature.

2 servings; approx. 225 calories, 4.3g fat, 9.5g carbs, 34.4g protein

Mustard-Dill Sauce

Ingredients

⅓ cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
½ tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise (I use Trader Joe's)
½ tablespoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon dill
¼ teaspoon Old Bay
Dash of lemon juice
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper

Mix everything together in a small bowl. *Note that the measures are approximations because I don't use measuring spoons. You are the judge for if it tastes right or not. Just sayin'.

4 servings; approx. 14 calories, 0.5g fat, 1.8g carbs, 0.7g protein

*If you are making this with a baked potato and asparagus like I did, make sure to have your potato at least half-way done before sticking the fish in the oven. Make the asparagus at the last minute and do not overcook it!

No comments:

Post a Comment